The Blessings and Special Deeds of Friday-Best Day of the Week
Preparations for Jummah Prayer
Cleansing is known as the half faith of Muslims in the religion of Islam. It is obligatory for every Muslim to be clean before offering prayer. There are some preparations that every Muslim should prepare for Friday prayer before going to the mosque.
- The first act to start with is to get purified by having a shower and also ablution should be performed.
- Dress in clean clothes.
- The application of It (Perfume) is also one of the main things or you can apply Surma in your eyes as well.
- Maintaining dignity and not talking between the prayers is a kind of etiquette one should follow.
- Try to sit close to Imam If there is a place in the front rows of the Imam.
- A person should avoid stepping over people to get a particular spot in the mosque. Try to sit where you find a place don’t disturb others.
Good Deeds of Friday
There are some good deeds that you should perform on this blessed day are mentioned below:
- Leaving early from the house towards the mosque and waiting in the mosque for the prayers to begin is one of the good deeds that Allah likes the most
- Give away alms to the poor and give charity in the name of Allah is considered to be a noble act.
- Greet your parents and take their blessings.
- Recitation of Surah Kahf on Friday has great rewards and blessings.
- Listening to Friday Sermon is considered one of the good deeds.
Blessings and Virtues of Friday Prayer
There are many benefits and virtues regarding Jummah Prayer some of them we will discuss below:
- According to Prophet Muhammad (SAW): “Whoever reads Surah Kahf on Fridays, there will be a bright light to shine for him between the two Fridays.” (Nasai). From this hadith, we can conclude that there is an encouragement of recitation of Surah Kahf on the Day of Friday. The recitation of this Surah helps a Muslim seek the refuge of Allah and affirms their faith in the support and assistance He provides.
- Despite the fact that every Muslim should supplicate whenever he or she finds chance any day of the week, however, special days like Friday call for the special or excessive need of supplication. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said in a hadith: “There is no day more virtuous than Friday. There is such an hour on this day that no Muslim will make dua in it except that his dua will be accepted. And he does not seek protection from anything except that Allah will grant him protection.”(Tirmidhi)
- Listen to Khutba or Sermon on Friday Prayer attentively. With regards to the Khutba of Friday, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “If anyone performs Wudu (ablution) properly, then comes to the Friday prayer, listens to the Khutba attentively and keeps silent, his (minor) sins between the Friday and the following Friday will be forgiven, with the addition of three more days; but he who touches pebbles has caused an interruption.” (Muslim)
- Recitation of Surah Jummah has many blessings. This Surah is recited especially on this day as many times you can, as it increases your rewards and forgives sins.
- The day of jummah includes an hour during which all supplications are accepted. Prophet (SAW) said: “On (the day of) Jummah is an hour during which Allah gives to a Muslim servant standing in prayer whatever he asks for.” (Al Bukhari)
- Hell is fired-up during every day of the week except Friday, as a mark of honor and respect for the day of Friday.
- Dying on Friday, during the day or night, is a sign of a good end, for the one who dies on that day will be protected from the trial of the grave.
- The believers will see their Lord from Paradise on Friday. In the Holy Quran Allah says: “Allah will appear to them on the day of Jummah.”(Quran, 50:35)
In short, Friday is the most blessed day of the week in the Islamic religion. Therefore, in order to observe this day in a rightful manner, a Muslim must make sure that he or she makes special preparations that make this day stand apart from the rest of the days of the week. Friday is a day of congregation, a day of celebration and a day of supplication. May Allah give us the chance to offer Friday Prayer regularly so that we can get all its blessings and rewards! Ameen.
Please Watch This Video – How Duaa Works – Khutbah by Nouman Ali Khan